Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

"Why Lightsabers are Better than Blasters" -- A look into my early education.

I found this essay tonight. I wrote it in late 3rd or early 4th grade. It's just one example of a multitude of 5-paragraph essays that I wrote in my early childhood, which effectively prepared me for the SAT and sundry other standardized tests later in life. Thank you, home schooling. (Note: all spelling/grammatical errors are transcribed with exactness. Also, you should picture this written in my best cursive... which of course is terrifying.)

Why Lightsabers are Better than Blasters

Lightsabers, were the acient weapon of the jedi. jedi often made their own, but some were passed down from jedi to jedi. They were sacred weapons, while blasters were ordinary. That's why it's my opinion that lightsabers are better than blasters.

Lightsabers were more powerful, they could deflect blastershots. They were much more dangerous, though.

They're also more elegant, though harder to find, unless you make your own.

They can go through more, in case you need to remove a panel, to get at some wires, though it might go too far, and slice those wires.

I hope you will agree with me, that lightsabers are better than blasters, despite the difficulties.


Here was the reaction from the first people to read this essay in 16 years:

Dad: "Pretty persuasive, wouldn't you say? Would you ever choose a blaster after reading that?"
Ryan: "Depends. How big is the blaster?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; knowing people are reading encourages me to keep writing.