My brothers were always the better quoters. They could watch a funny movie once and have most of the dialogue memorized; twice and they were pretty much golden. It usually took me 3 times and a movie I really loved before I'd have it memorized, but I could usually jump in on their quoting games. It got to the point that I once had a friend tell me that my family had "a quote and a song for any situation."
I've also realized, however, that some of the movies I know and love are rather obscure. Not all are as easily named as the one I quoted in the title of this post. So here are a few lines, some easy to guess, some not, which I've found myself quoting more than once over the years. How many can you correctly identify? (Without googling--that's just cheating.) Check back in Monday for the answers.
- "Don't make me beat you with this leg of mine that no longer works!"
- "You gentlemen mind if I take this little 'ol jug of mountain water with me?"
- "You know, Joe Jr.'s still single."--"Shocker."
- "Wise man say, 'Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.'"
- "The mouse? He's left our house! To ease the pain... he's down the drain!"
- "I've been using fruity soaps, Maggie."
- "Girl or not, I can still whip you!"
- "But the talking mice told me it was the wrong girl!"
- "Llama face!"
- "Don't just stand there, do something!"--"What for? There's only three little ones."
- "The hospital is fine except for this wicked nurse. She's got the face of a dragon's butt."
- [Insert any Star Wars quote here.]