Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Where I've Been

As most of you know, I had my third daughter last week. As I've held her and looked at her tiny fingers and sleepy eyes, I keep reflecting on how much has changed over the last few years. How much our family has changed. How much I've changed.

Six years ago we got married.




Four years ago we had girl #1




Two-and-a-half years ago our family grew again.




And a week ago, we added baby girl #3.




Looking at these pictures today, Ryan exclaimed about how young I looked. Apparently I'm looking around 16 these days--better than the 12 that I looked when my first daughter was born (surprise--I was 22). 

More than physically, though, I've changed so much in my feelings about motherhood, personal goals, and my own perception of what I can and cannot handle. I know there will be a learning curve when it comes to handling three children (especially when I start trying to leave the house), but I understand now that it's like adding weights to a machine while exercising--it's hard at first, but you get stronger, and then it's time to add more.

All that being said, I'm praying this baby sleeps through the night sooner than my last two. I can hope, right?

Funny note: Look at the picture of me holding baby #2, and then look at the picture of me as an 11-yr-old on the post "Feeling Beautiful Revisited" on the sidebar. I pretty much haven't changed...

7 comments:

  1. Someone guessed me for 19 recently... I was so proud. ;-) I'm hoping that Evie is a great sleeper and calm baby all around!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I get excited if someone pegs me in the upper teens. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love this! I love the trip down memory lane with pictures! I love the fabulous weights analogue! I love the reminder to reflect! Wonderful post! You can do this three kids thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You know, I think I can. I feel like my perspective, at least, is much better than it was last time around.

      Delete
  3. Aww thanks for sharing Shannon!! You look just like I remember you ^_^ Your daughters are beautiful! Congratz on your Evie ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really haven't changed much in the last ten years, have I? One of these days I'll look like an adult... probably about the time my kids leave for college. ;-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Please leave a comment; knowing people are reading encourages me to keep writing.